Meet the Coach: Pastor Will Hutcherson
Will was hired at Next Level Church at the end of 2007, at which time the student ministry consisted of about 25 students meeting in a nursing home activity center. Over the past few years, God has used Will to grow Collide Student Ministries to now over 300 students who gather on a weekly basis. The Wednesday night services are primarily student-led, with over 75 student leaders actively volunteering. These core students are part of an intensive leadership training course and hands-on experience by individually and collectively leading teams of fellow students.
Will is passionate about helping other youth pastors succeed. He believes that growth matters because each individual is a person in need of Jesus. Will has mentored youth pastors as well as done on-site training at various churches across Southwest Florida. It is his hope that through this virtual coaching opportunity, he will add value to your lives and your student ministry through leadership teachings and student ministry restructure, as well as through helping you build a network of youth pastors that you can relate with during your journey through ministry. Will is for all churches and all youth pastors and is eager to help you grow your ministry – both in size and in health. He has developed and implemented an innovative small group structure that creates an easy on-ramp for new students to get connected and continually looks for new and innovative ways to target to the lost.
Will has been married to his wife Arianne since 2008. Their son Liam was born in 2010 and they just had their daughter Reese was just born in 2013!
5 Session Breakdown:
- Session 1 & 2: Breaking the Barriers-Every church,organization, & youth ministry experiences barriers in growth. Growth brings new challenges and every growth phase has barriers. In this session, we will discuss 6 principles that break growth barriers and propel your student ministry to the next level.
- Session 3: Youth Ministry Pragmatics- In this session we will discuss all the "Practicals" in student ministry. From student leadership to planning to small groups. Regardless, of your model of ministry, there are some practical steps that are sure ways to grow your student ministry in spiritual depth and expand your reach to others.
- Session 4: Identifying your Strengths- In this session, we will explore how God wired you, your individual uniqueness. Leadership guru John Maxwell says, "the hardest person to lead is yourself." The best way to lead you is to know you and how your strengths & personality plays into the way you lead.
- Session 5: The Most Important Question- The most important question you can ask in planning is not a what question, "What do we need to do?" but a who question, "Who do we need to empower?" this session is all about building a empowered leadership team of the right "whos."
- To Participate, you must have a computer with a strong internet connection and built-in video/microphone
- Thursdays from 3:30-5:00pm EST
- June 12th, June 26th, July 10th, July 24th, and July 31st
- Cost for 5 Sessions: $200 ($40 per session)